Video is among the most effective tools available to companies to conduct their digital marketing. It has the capability to distribute products and services fruitfully. Recently, video has entered into the realm of digital marketing at a rate that is unheard of. With the advent of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and more. the popularity of videos has grown exponentially. Despite this massive popularity of videos yet, there are a lot of companies which aren’t yet able to benefit from the advantages of videos.
It is possible to ask if videos are so effective and powerful tools, but why companies aren’t taking advantage of it properly? The primary reason is the lack of understanding of the video marketing process and the challenges with logistics. In fact, video production isn’t a walk in the park rather it’s an uphill endeavor. Along with a sound budget the company needs skilled and imaginative video makers to create a lasting impression on the market with their video productions.
Although most businesses aren’t up to speed in producing and marketing videos as a way of advertising their services and products, some companies have kicked off their video projects.
The producers and digital marketers belonging to these companies have gone through the processes and recognized the need for video marketing. In this article, we’d like to share an exhaustive review of the benefits videos that can be beneficial to a company.
Tips and tricks to create a Marketing Video
According to Hubspot, 78% of people stream online video each week. Half of them watch online videos every day. According to Cisco that by 2023, online videos will constitute over 82% of all Internet traffic by consumers. That’s fifteen times more than 2017. This indicates, that as the day progresses the demand for videos will increase exponentially. Let’s look at the most important tips and tricks to the production of videos that you can make use of in order to be successful in your business.
1. Reflect and Fix your Objective First and foremost point to ponder over before creating a promotional video to reflect on the cause of creating the video. What are the reasons behind the video? And how will it make a mark on the prospective customers? As we’ve discussed, making video content isn’t something that is easy and it’s a difficult job.
You will also need to invest an appropriate amount of cash to create a video. For instance, you could make a video to create the brand’s image. Maybe you are planning to launch a product or service that needs to be illustrated. It is possible to create an excellent video and include every necessary detail in it. Also, having a goal is a must.
2. Determine your direction: To increase awareness of your business through video content, you have choose the direction that you’re planning to approach. There are various types of directions you can pick to produce your promotional video such as introductory, explanatory, product/service-focused, problem/solution-based, drive action-focused, informative, endorsement-based, etc.
For example, if you launch a start-up, your primary objective should be to showcase your company. So, you can make an introduction video to inform your viewers of your name and goals. Likewise, if you float an innovative product on the market to solve an existing problem, present your product and describe the way it can be the solution to the problem through your promotional video.
3. Establish the Tone Before you begin creating a video, it is incumbent for you to decide on the tone. It is essential to establish the mood of your content and how it should draw the viewers in with your video content. If you would like your audience to be educated by your video , or to purchase your item or avail your service, you have to fix it.
It is also possible to create humorous videos to make your audience laugh or narrate a story in the video to emphasize the strengths of your products or services. Furthermore, it is very important that the content of the video is in line with its direction. For instance, if you’re making an introduction video, your focus is on your brand rather than entice consumers to buy your goods or sign up for your services.
4. Consider the duration of the video Your marketing video is just as crucial as the other elements. It is possible to improve the length of the video without writing it. But the fact that matters is that if you don’t fix the duration in advance the video will inexplicably grow longer. And if you limit the length, it will require you to include certain points in the limit of. Furthermore, setting the goal of creating videos and choosing the video placement platform will also give you an idea of the duration. For instance, if you intend to show your occasional advertisement, a video with a duration of 30 seconds will be sufficient.
However, if you plan to create a video that is informative it will naturally get more lengthy. It is also important to consider the platform on which you plan to upload the video. If the video was created to be used in cable TV commercials, they will have a shorter length, but should it be intended for online video and social media ads, it’ll be slightly longer.
5. Make sure you have a budget to promote your project. budget plays a significant role to optimize your video project. It is essential to set the budget before you start. If you do not plan the budget in advance may land you in bother. In a project involving video, there are certain pivotal elements that are very posh and can go beyond your budget . These include including voice-overs, hiring expert models, locating the right location, etc.
If you’re planning to cut costs and carry out the video shoot at your workplace, which includes the employees you employ, then you can harm your video project. If your video is poor it will end up discrediting your company instead of promoting your business. On the other hand should you assign the production task to a firm and provide them with the funds, they will produce first-rate video content with your budget. Not only they will produce quality content, but also display it as an online advertising campaign, thus promoting your company.
6. Choose the video Type and explain the idea: Now, it’s time to think about the design of the video. The video’s visuals can come into life in a variety of forms. It is possible to create videos in the form of real-life characters, animation, b-roll, stock, live-action screencast, whiteboard and so on. In addition, you are able to create videos that combine all of these formats. You can, for instance, make a video using the blending of animated characters and human actors that allows actors to communicate with the cartoon characters. Also, you could create an animation that incorporates supplementary footage that is used between main shots and as backgrounds, actions and flashback-style flashback scenes. You should then define your concept and, to do that, you could write an outline of the core of your concept. This will not only help you refresh your memory but also let you recall.
How Should You Make Your Promotional Video Content?
1. Pre-production: Write the Script and create a storyboard: The scripting process is the most important element of creating a video. Different people have different styles of writing scripts. In addition, there are many script templates on the internet for you to follow.
The script must lay out the scene’s name, scene number, timestamp (When is a particular time taking place) and audio, dialogue, voice-over (What we are hearing in a particular moment) and descriptions of scenes a list of characters and props, locations, expression, etc.
The script will allow you to ensure that everything is in order , including collocations between characters and products which will allow you to create a masterpiece. Alongside the script, you must create the storyboard. Storyboards are used to bring your script to life. It will help you to identify the exact footage you’ll need prior filming.
A professional artist, illustrator, or designer can help you to design a stunning storyboard. If you want to make an animated video, an illustrator or animator is the best option.
Click here for professional promotional video production.
2. Get your Presenters groomed and organized your equipment for shooting Presenters for your video are among the most important characters since an enormous portion of your video’s overall quality will bank on their performances. They could be your own employees or hired models or actors. They should be well-equipped of their responsibilities and jobs prior to their arrival, which will reduce mistakes and will save time.
It is also important to prepare your promotional products and must be aware of the complete process their functions in the video. Presenters should know their roles with the products. Also, you should advise your presenters not to recite the scripts as it will make mistakes and alter the whole idea.
3. Production: After the pre-production phase, you’re ready to film so you’ll need to start the production process. If you plan to collaborate with actors as well as directors, you must choose a producer, or a production company. You might be able to pay for the cost of production, but having an experienced professional on your side can help you with your job.
Normally, the film crew consists of a director, a lighting director and sound recording artists, camera operators, gaffers, grips and assistants to production. But the crew members can differ and it’s the responsibility of the art director to customize and correct the situation. The film crew uses all the equipment required for filming and align the visuals organized in the storyboard.
In addition Voice-over recordings can also be carried out during the production stage. Make sure that everyone in the filming location understands their responsibility to create top-quality video content.
This is the final step of the video-making process. In this step, the video editor collects and edits the footage to make an effective video that communicates the right message and expressing the appropriate emotions. The video editor can add graphics and various types of special effects , such as 3D animation and motion graphics to add some flair to the video.
Apart from that mixing sound is used to create audio tracks. Music can be added from the music library or bespoke music can be composed and recorded, if necessary. Furthermore, color grading can also be executed to optimize the appearance of the video. Another crucial aspect that you need to be aware of is text overlays.
If you want to place the text within a specific photo, you need to make it clear to the editor of the video so that he retains space within the scene during shooting. This will allow you to add text to the shot in post-production.
4. Marketing and Distribution:
After you’ve finished editing and revamping your video’s content using the assistance by an editor now time to promote and distribute your video. There are many channels which you can utilize to promote your video, whether it’s broadcast on cable TV, the web social media, many more. However, to get your video content effective across these channels, you need to modify it. It is essential to create all the formats required to be distributed across all these channels.
Some Mistakes to Avoid While Making Promotional Videos
Picking a location that is not suitable: The location can be the difference between making or breaking the quality of your marketing video. If you are shooting in a chaotic and distracting place, you are likely to distract your viewers.
Additionally recording in a noisy area or in a noisy café will ruin your video content. So, do not shoot in a noisy or crowded place to produce a masterpiece.
Compressing the Video Content Many video marketing companies plan to combine all of the essential details into one video and with that in mind, they pack the video’s content with visuals and ideas. The video content is too crowded, making it complicated and confusing.
While at the same time the video lengthens that distracts viewers from the main point. In order to engage with your audience via your content, it is essential to have to ensure an evident particular, specific, and focused video.
Making Ultra-Promotional Videos It’s not unusual for companies to make videos that feel like commercials, and nobody wants to feel that they are being sold. This is not the right way to attract people to your products and services. Video content is an effective device to tell a story and draw potential customers in.
You can spin a story and then incorporate the whole story in a short video it will captivate the viewers. Thus, it is better to promote yourself using storytelling , not a selling mindset and that will breed an original and distinctive image for your business.
Don’t make unnecessary long videos: Length matters amply in video marketing. A lengthy videos can damage your video content. Online viewers don’t have the time or patience to concentrate on a lengthy video. They are more likely to jump from one video to the next. So, you must be specific and get straight to the point as fast as you can, instead of wandering around.
Follow the standard video length which may vary depending according to the material and what will catch the attention of potential clients.
Insufficient Entertainment Materials In the case of the showbiz , whether it’s music, film, or theatre, they earn billions of dollars each day. They invest exorbitantly and also earn a significant amount of profit. The only reason for them to succeed is an engaging audience. A fun video doesn’t always have to be entertaining, but it should have something that will keep the attention of the viewers.
For a successful and pleasing video, you must display a little artistic flair and imagination, whether engaging in an emotional way or by other means.
No Inclusion of Call to Action: Many companies make promotional videos that do not ask the viewers to take action something at the end of the video. This is a major mistake since it renders the video totally purposeless. And a purposeless video will never attract the attention of potential customers. Therefore, you must know the goal for the content. Do you want people to purchase your products? Do you wish that people know about the social media influence you have? Do you wish to have them visit your website? Whatever the goal you should mention it at the conclusion the video. With the correct calls to action you will succeed in your marketing video project.
Substandard Video Quality: Some companies are so tight-lipped and are hesitant to invest the minimum amount for a quality video. They also tend to finish the work quickly, which results in creating a poor promotional video. Or, they hire cheap and substandard businesses or they complete the work themselves without professional expertise to make a few slacks. In the end, this is a disaster for their entire project.
Video marketing is such an extensive field that , with just a some research, one can do wonders even with a budget that is modest. Consulting and obtaining assistance from an expert company can add great value to the video content and encourage the audience to get involved.
Marginalizing SEO Implementation: In online marketing, the value of SEO is ineffable. It is so vital that if you implement the proper optimization of your website SEO can make your company an empire in a relatively short period of time. Producing a video without implementing SEO strategies is one of the biggest mistakes in video marketing.
In this day and age of competition it is vital for your website to be at the top of the search results. An optimized video, regardless of whether it is uploaded to Youtube or your site can bring massive traffic to your website. To optimize your video, you have to title your video with proper keywords, carefully fill in the description of the video that links to your website, and add keywords that include your brand and industry terms.
Incorrectly targeting the audience If you make a promotional video, it has to be designed for a certain group of people. Your business may have products that cater to different types of customers however, a single video must focus on one particular market. A society is comprised mostly of upper classes, middle class and the lower class.
People of various classes each have their own set of requirements and pain points. In your promotional video, you should try to address the pain points of these audiences. Do some research, understand the concerns of the target audience and develop your content in line with their needs.
Failure to pay attention to the technical issues All your hard work and effort goes in vain if the film is a victim of technical glitches. Actually, there’s nothing more frustrating for viewers to play a video and encounter a crash. This will irritate viewers to the point that they will switch the video at the first sign of trouble.
Because of these technical issues whether in audio and video quality or the content of the video it is possible to losing potential leads and customers. Therefore, it’s imperative to test the quality on your content from top to bottom in order to ensure that the video is free of technical glitches.